Diy Electric Solar

Machines which can produce energy without fuel? From the quantum soup, black holes, magnetic fields...

Diy Electric Solar

Postby basiedp on Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:40 pm

Ever thought of building your own solar panels? We read on many web pages about how to build it. I found a company in the
States that would supply solar cells loose for diy construction. These units are as follows: watts at 1.75, amps at 3.4, volts at 0.5. The thickness is 200 microns and size is 80mm by 150mm. These cells come with pre tab buss wiring so no solder required just the slight heat of a soldering iron to attach cells together. You go the your local glass outlet and buy two 3mm sheets off glass and place cells between glass. You then buy alu channel, 8mm inside, and fill with grey sealant that gets used on roofs slide the alu channels over glass on all four sides and wait to set and there you have your own home made solar panel. The size can be your own choice depending on your requirements. So now you all know it's that easy.
Greetings from a windy PE. :yay:
basiedp
Contributor

Re: Diy Electric Solar

Postby windgat on Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:44 pm

Sounds great! Any idea what it would cost, and what shipping would cost? Maybe we can get a few people interested and combine an order?
windgat
Founding member

Postby basiedp on Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:50 pm

I have already placed an order for 200 of these cells. Let me first look at these cells when they arrive. I have to test the claim by the supplier. At first I would build a 80 watt panel and compare to the 80 watt panels I have that was bought from local supplier. :impatient: Will keep up to date.
basiedp
Contributor

Postby basiedp on Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:42 pm

Good day all , just an update on the solar cells that I have bought from the states. The spec is 1.75w @ 0.5vdc. I built a 60 watt unit using 36 cells. Compared to a bought unit of the same wattage my unit is only running at 52watts with the same load attached and setup for both panels the same. These cells are 150mm by 80mm sq. I sell them for the DIY person that wants to play at building there own panels at a cost off R26.00 each with a min order off 36 where you get 38, 2 for free. Included is a PC board for connecting wires, 2 diodes, some tinned strips for interconnecting. All you need is glass and a frame. Cheers.
basiedp
Contributor

Postby aragon on Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:15 pm

Hey man,

Sounds pretty cool. By my calculation these cells are +- 14.5% efficient? Are they silicon crystal based? Got some pics for us?

So I'm interested in 36 (38) to make up a module. With 38 of these we're looking at 19V. What is the norm for open circuit voltage per module?

Do you epoxy these to a glass sheet to keep them secure?

Thanks,
Aragon
aragon

I am currently building a wind turbine: No

Postby windgat on Sun May 16, 2010 6:29 pm

Hey Basie, can you give us an update? Are these cells working for you, and are they available through you?
windgat
Founding member

Postby Jacob on Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:02 am

How Solar panel is Successful in future :?:
I mean what is the scope of Solar panel ....May i installed it for home or not ???
Thansk in advance for suggestion . :thumbup:
Jacob

Postby windgat on Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:45 pm

Hello Jacob. Solar is becoming more and more popular, and is certain to be very successful in the future. You can install it on your home, although its important to understand your consumption, and the other equipment needed in addition to the solar panels.
windgat
Founding member

Postby Christina on Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:42 am

Good day all , just an update on the solar cells that I have bought from the states. The spec is 1.75w @ 0.5vdc. I built a 60 watt unit using 36 cells. Compared to a bought unit of the same wattage my unit is only running at 52watts with the same load attached and setup for both panels the same. These cells are 150mm by 80mm sq. I sell them for the DIY person that wants to play at building there own panels at a cost off R26.00 each with a min order off 36 where you get 38, 2 for free. Included is a PC board for connecting wires, 2 diodes, some tinned strips for interconnecting. All you need is glass and a frame. Cheers. :roll: 8) :P
Christina

Return to Free Energy?