Bedini and free energy

Machines which can produce energy without fuel? From the quantum soup, black holes, magnetic fields...

Bedini and free energy

Postby windgat on Thu May 01, 2008 9:50 pm

There was a Mythbusters program where they got some prof. in from MIT to build the Bedini circuit using the kit which they bought online. Apart from commenting on the obfuscated language in the extensive instructions, they found they whole setup discharged a battery faster than a battery directly connected to a motor.

I think anyone who truly found free energy, wouldn't be selling kits for $15 on the net!

I joined the Yahoo group for Bedini a while ago, and waded my way through the 20 odd emails they send you with instructions, instructions about the instructions, etc. etc. All written in evangelical type language - one could just imagine the spittle flying. It really doesn't sound like someone who has made a breakthrough and is trying to share it.
windgat
Founding member

Re: Bedini and free energy

Postby electron on Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:03 pm

Yes exactly if something sounds too good to be true it generally is! So don
There are no problems only solutions!!
electron
Contributor

Postby Ripper on Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:39 pm

The guys from MythBusters did not even attempt to follow Bedini's instructions. Attempts were apparently made to show them how the device is supposed to work, but all correspondence has been ignored. Even if they left out the "charging" circuit, the motor would run for much longer due to it being a monopole motor.

This is not a perpetual motion machine! The energy is coming from somewhere (the vacuum or void). I don't quite understand it myself and it was probably oversimplified, but this is how it was it explained to me:
When electricity flows through a wire, you always get less out than what you put in. The Bedini motor reverses this process and actually gets more out that what is put in. Think of it as regaining some of the energy lost by all other circuits.

I've seen the device work... Charging 4 batteries while draining one (swapping them around as to not deplete the primary battery). It ran in this configuration for weeks.

My brother built a few recently which he is currently testing and I am busy building one of my own.

Components can be bought at any electronics (Communica) store for less than R100:
--------------------------------------------------------------
1k ohms variable resistor
Transistor (2N3055)
Diode (IN4001)
Diode (IN4007)
120V Neon bulb (Ne-2)
12v DC Computer Fan
12v DC power supply (12v Car battery / transformer)

Full instruction video(s):
http://www.metacafe.com/tags/Imhotep_-_Bedini_Fan_Project_/

Rather than saying it sounds too good too be true so it must be false, why don't you build one and prove that it doesn't work? If it doesn't work, then you've wasted R100 and you get to come back here and brag that you were correct all along. If it does work, well, up to you what you will do with the technology.

By the way, Bedini has put this in the public domain, so it is not protected by his patents any more. If you come up with a commercial product, you are free to sell it without having to worry about licensing the technology and paying royalties.
Ripper

Postby windgat on Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:09 pm

Hi Ripper. Its a fascinating subject, and so crucial for humankind and the planet. With abundant energy, we could stop burning fossil fuels, reprocess all our waste, desalinate sea water to irrigate the Sahara, etc. etc. I look forward to hearing about your results - please keep us posted here!
windgat
Founding member

Postby basiedp on Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:42 pm

Have not looked at the video or heard off this person, but a friend went to the VW museum in Uitenhage and saw a working hydrogen unit on display. It works as follows, there is a par38 lamp that you shine on a solar panel that goes to a cell in water which delivers hydrogen and oxcygen seperately that gets conbined again by means what he refers to as two mesh siffs that generate electric power that drives an electric motor. After all this the water returns back to the cell for another cycle. Have not seen this for myself but a first for me, will have to take a look sometime the weekend. All this you operate yourself by means off setting up the light for max power. :impatient:
basiedp
Contributor

Postby windgat on Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:05 pm

What is a par38 lamp?

So as I understand it the lamp is an external source of power? Then that makes sense... Its not a closed system with respect to energy, only to water.
windgat
Founding member

Postby Ripper on Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:35 pm

I cannot (yet) say whether the batteries are able to provide more energy than what was used to charge them.

I can however testify that the energiser (charger) can recover dead batteries and that the Bedini-charged batteries provide more energy than normally charged batteries. I've recovered Nicad and lead acid batteries successfully.

The biggest problem I have is the conditioning of the batteries. It can take 20-30 charge/discharge cycles before a new battery is conditioned; Sulfated/dead batteries take even longer. The batteries improve with every cycle, holding more charge and charging quicker.

I now have an automated charge/rest/discharge setup to cycle the batteries for me. Once they are conditioned, I'll perform proper tests and post my findings.
Ripper

Postby windgat on Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:44 pm

Sounds good! I recall reading that charging batteries with a series of higher than usual pulses can desulphate lead acid batteries, by 'blasting' the sulphate crystals off the surface of the lead. Maybe that is what is happening - have you looked at the output of your charger with a scope? A digital voltmeter is a notoriously inaccurate way to measure a fluctuating voltage.
windgat
Founding member

Postby chal4oye on Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:02 am

It works as follows, there is a par38 lamp that you shine on a solar panel that goes to a cell in water which delivers hydrogen and oxcygen seperately that gets conbined again by means what he refers to as two mesh siffs that generate electric power that drives an electric motor. After all this the water returns back to the cell for another cycle. Have not seen this for myself but a first for me, will have to take a look sometime the weekend.
GuL
chal4oye

Postby windgat on Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:08 am

Look forward to hearing about what you find...

Technically speaking, hydrogen is not a source of energy, unless we found a hydrogen mine somewhere!

Water can be split into O2 and H2 by using energy to split the chemical bond. That same amount of energy is made available when the H and O atoms join again (oxidisation).

So hydrogen can be seen as equivalent to a battery, and a very dangerous battery at that. If all cars had pressurised, highly explosive hydrogen tanks in them, the roads would be very dangerous places!

The only reason the 'H2 economy' was/is promoted, is to protect the fuel distribution industry. This industry will collapse as the switch to electric vehicles proceeds.
windgat
Founding member

Return to Free Energy?